WebAlive Designs a Visual Ecommerce Website for Tombo Co
We are pleased to announce the launch of a new ecommerce site for Tombo Co, a vintage shop selling antique furniture, fabrics, ceramics and decorative items from around Asia.
The Tombo Co store in Fitzroy North, Victoria stocks a unique collection of vintage Japanese and Chinese products. In addition to their shopfront, the idea was to have a website to allow prospective customers to not only find them, but to browse their products and get an idea about quality and price. The website also works as their online store, where the customers can buy many of the products directly from this site.
We came up with a simple but elegant design for Tombo Co, which is aesthetically pleasing and reshapes and resizes itself according to the device it is viewed on. Included are all the necessary bells and whistles to make it easy for browsers to buy products, including excellent cart functionality and navigation.
Tombo Co wanted to have a website that would effectively display their wide range of products as well as serving as an online store. Some of their key requirements were:
- A very simple and clean ecommerce site, preferably a minimalist design.
- To display all the products, including those which are not available for online purchase.
- For all products that can be bought online to be listed on a separate page.
- To be very user-friendly, with clear navigation and customer login capability.
- Customers should be able to buy products from Tombo Co’s eBay store.
- The website should be responsive across all screen sizes.
Considering the above requirements, we decided to design Tombo Co’s website by using vivid product images and clear navigation system, making the purchasing process as simple as possible. We understood the website was the visual front for the business, hence giving visitors a sense of the wide variety of available products was a top priority. Some of the key features include:
- High-quality real images (provided by the client) and a simple design that resonates with the look and feel of the products.
- A top navigation focused on product categories, so that the customers can easily browse through the available items.
- The collections available for online purchase are listed in the shop page. The page was created by implementing features from our proprietary WebCommander ecommerce platform.
- Where appropriate, we linked the eBay store with the “Buy Now” button to provide a seamless experience to the customers.
- We tested the site across a wide range of devices to make sure it was fully responsive and provides a smooth user experience.