When is A PPC Campaign Right for Your Business?3 Min Read
Pay Per Click or Cost Per Click is a form of advertising used to direct traffic to relevant websites. The advertiser pays a certain amount of money every time a potential customer clicks on their ad. The price of the clicks can vary greatly depending on the popularity of the keywords involved.
Advertisers decide on the amount of money they want to spend on certain keywords and phrases relevant to their products, business and target market and put in a bid on them. The higher the bid, the higher up on the list the ad will show.
These targeted paid ads show up in the top section of the search results with a small badge letting consumers know that the advertiser has paid for this top position.
It can often be hard to tell if PPC is the right direction to head in for your business, so here we will discuss a couple of key elements you should consider before opting to go ahead with a PPC campaign – and remember, PPC should never be used in place of a good SEO, but rather as an enhancement to your strategy.
Specialised products and services
PPC could be of particular use to you if you have a niche industry in which you have few competitors. Niche keywords tend to be less expensive, so the more unique your product is the more clicks you will be able to afford. Descriptive keywords can also help keep costs down and keep you away from more generic expensive words that have higher competition.
If your products or services have a big ticket value, PPC could be the right fit for your business. There is a much higher chance of you being able to happily afford 100 clicks that don’t end up in a sale if just one does and results in a several thousand dollar jobs. Getting a strong ROI if your products are priced below $100 is a much more difficult proposition.
If you know for a fact that the people clicking on your ad will be associating it with a deadline – Christmas, the start of a new school term or other seasonal products – PPC could be the answer to your prayers. When purchasing these kinds of products many consumers are driven by their emotions, making them more easily influenced by good copy, calls to action and compelling visual content.
There are many ways you can improve your PPC campaign and conversion rate:
- Make sure your landing page is relevant. When potential customers click through they have to be taken to a place that matches with the product or service they are looking for.
- Include a call to action – ‘buy now’ or ‘see more’ could be the difference between a click through and a scroll past.
- Test your ads. Run a couple of different variations of ads at once to see which one gets the most traction. Vary the descriptions, display URLs and calls to action.
- Use Google’s ad extensions which provide more opportunities for the call to action links. These can be particularly useful in the form of location, offer or product extensions.
- Have a look at what your competitors are doing and do something a little different.
- Mention your product’s unique selling points and the benefits of choosing your products over the others.
- Include keywords in the URL – they will automatically become bold which will help the ad stand out.
- Make sure your keywords are present in the title and the text
- Determine realistic goals, do a little bit of research and get to know your target market.
- Be committed. Make sure you have enough money and drive to let your campaign run for a couple of months before you decide if it’s worth it or not.
- Include keyword synonyms and variations – for example, someone could be searching for web designers so they may type in Web designer, web designer Melbourne, web design company Melbourne or web and graphic design.
While the concept of PPC is easy enough to understand, the management of it can be quite tricky for the uninitiated, here at WebAlive we have a dedicated team that focuses solely on managing paid advertising campaigns and specialises in PPC and Google AdWords.
If you need help with your PPC campaign contact us today to discuss how we can help.
Want to take your business to next level?
For more than 15 years we’ve been one of Australia’s most trusted web design, development and digital marketing agency. Get it touch with us and see how we can help your business.Contact Us